Wednesday, December 5, 2012

25 Reasons Why I'm Grateful for the Birth of the Savior: He Shows the Importance of Service

Reason 4: Today I'm grateful for the birth of my Savior because His life exemplified that serving others is the most important thing we can do here on this earth. President Uchtdorf put it this way in October's General Conference:


“I think of our Lord and Exemplar, Jesus Christ, and His short life among the people of Galilee and Jerusalem. I have tried to imagine Him bustling between meetings or multitasking to get a list of urgent things accomplished.

I can’t see it.

Instead I see the compassionate and caring Son of God purposefully living each day. When He interacted with those around Him, they felt important and loved. He knew the infinite value of the people He met. He blessed them, ministered to them. He lifted them up, healed them. He gave them the precious gift of His time” (OnRegrets and Resolutions, October 2012 General Conference).

There are so many ways that Christ could have spent His ministry, and He chose to spend most of it loving and healing and helping those in need. When I follow His example and live my life likewise, I feel happy and at peace. I'm so grateful to know that people are more important than events or things, and that Christ shows me how to live a life based on this principle.

No comments:

Post a Comment