Thursday, December 13, 2012

25 Reasons Why I'm Grateful for the Birth of the Savior: He Understands


Reason 13: I'm grateful for the birth of the Savior so that I have someone who can hold me and understand me when things get tough. Something that I often struggle with is feeling like people understand me. There are many people who respect me, I feel, but few who truly understand me. Christ, though, has always and will always understand me perfectly. And in those moments when I feel alone in the trials I face, I can take comfort in knowing that someone does understand me. And not only does He understand me when things get hard, He will also hold me. He never leaves us to ourselves when we face trials. We may leave Him, but He will never, ever leave us. He is there. He understands. He will hold you. And He will help you make it through.

"I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you."  -John 14:18

"Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of thy days. "  -D&C 24:8


“And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.”  -Alma 7:11-12


No comments:

Post a Comment