Saturday, December 8, 2012

My Mom

 I'm a day late (because yesterday was super crazy busy/fun!) but I wanted to wish my mom a HAPPY ONE DAY LATE BIRTHDAY!!! My mom is one of my absolute favoritest persons in the whole world! Here are just a few reasons why:

  1. She listens to me ramble on about crazy whateverness when I call her every day. She never complains about having to listen, and I know that she always cares about what I have to say.
  2. She raised me and my crazy four sisters and was AWESOME at it!
  3. She's fun to be with! 
  4. She's such a good example of taking being a good stewardship over our bodies. She wakes up early every morning and works out and then tries to watch what she eats. 
  5. She juggles life fantastically.
  6. She always puts the gospel first. She always fulfills her callings. She always reads her scriptures. She always lives the principles she teaches. Anyone who would take the time to study her life would realize that everything she does is motivated by a love for the Savior.
  7. She's the greatest example I have in my life of loving absolutely EVERYONE, regardless of where they come from, what they look like, what they don't have, reputations, whether they're on time or late, what their family situation is, and any other unpleasant details. Everyone who knows her loves her because they don't feel looked down upon or judged by her. It is one of her greatest qualities.
  8. She's one of the best examples of service that I know. I remember one time I was sitting next to her in Relief Society when the Relief Society binder came around (with sign-up sheets for feeding missionaries, volunteering at events, etc). She took the binder and began signing up for stuff. I asked her why she was signing up for stuff. "You're already so busy. Let someone else sign-up," I said. She told me something I will never forget. "Lindsey," she said, "Everyone is thinking the exact same thing. If I don't sign-up, then who will?" That is how she lives her life--with an "If not me, then who?" attitude. She's always willing to help a hand, even when it inconveniences herself. 
  9. She loves me and sacrifices so much for me. I know that she would do anything for me and that she'll always be there when I need her.
I wouldn't trade my mom for any other mom in the world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment