Tuesday, December 11, 2012

25 Reasons Why I'm Grateful for the Birth of the Savior: I Can Be Good


Reason 10: I was talking to Sarah Porter yesterday while we were running, and she pointed out that she was grateful for Christ because without Him, we couldn't be good. "Because of the Fall," she explained, "men lost the chance to ever be good by themselves. But with the Atonement, we are able to 'climb back up' to the goodness we were once at. Even more than that, we are able to become more good than we were ever before and one day, eventually, become like God." I too am thankful for Christ and His birth so that we have the chance to be good. I love being good; it makes me feel happy and at peace. I'm so grateful that He was willing to come into the world and sacrifice Himself for me so that I have that chance and potential and that goodness isn't lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment