Sunday, December 9, 2012

Letters For a Special Night on Temple Square


Dear Amelia, Morgan, Rachel, Lauren, Emily, Sarah, Quaelii, Jeremy, and Ryan, Last night I got to go to Temple Square with you to hear Rachel play in the Tabernacle and to look around at the lights. I could not have spent my evening any better way. You are all some of the best people Heavenly Father has ever blessed me with. Thank you again and again for your friendship.


 Dear Rachel, You are an AMAZING violinist! You got to play in the Tabernacle! You blow my mind! I admire how you work so hard to develop your talents in so many areas. You are always going and learning and growing and serving. You are so genuine. I love you and love having you as a roommate.


Dear Amelia, I'm glad that your mission call isn't until May 1st so that there's a possibility that you could stay with us a little longer. Regardless of whether you do or not, I hope you know that there have been times when I have felt like there was no one else I could go to in the world but you. Thank you for your example of striving to follow the Lord, even when it's hard. I love you!


Dear Lauren, I am so excited for you and for the chance you have to go to Disneyland, but I am sad that you will be leaving us! You are such a fun, happy, energetic girl. I miss our mornings laughing while cleaning bathrooms in the Tanner Building. Know that no matter where your life may lead you, that you have been a defining part of mine. Thank you.


Dear Morgan, It was good to have your company with us last night. We miss you in the apartment. Everything always cheers up when you're around. You bring the best out of people and you're not afraid to be yourself, which is why I admire you so much. Keep being the amazing person that you are.


Dear Sarah, One of the things I'm most excited about for next semester is having you live here. I am so glad that you have made the effort to come over to our apartment and to include yourself in our lives. It has blessed me so much, knowing that I have a friend that loves me no matter what and whom I can go to for anything and whom I can talk to about anything, no matter how silly or serious it is. I have you to lean on when the days get hard. Thank you so much for the example you set, but even more for this friendship which you have given me. I love you sooo much, and am so grateful that Heavenly Father has placed you in my life. You are amazing.


Dear Quaelii, Over the past few weeks, I have observed you being one of the strongest people I know. I realize that life is not going how you planned it to, but I know that it is going the way it is for a reason, and I am amazed watching you take it all in and accept it with humility and a willingness to do what the Lord would have you do. I am excited to see the amazing things you accomplish over the next six months. You are going to work miracles for the Lord; I know it. Thank you for sharing your life with me so that I have had the opportunity to watch you struggle and shine. I love you.


Dear Jeremy, You are so smart, kind, thoughtful, willing to serve, and generous. I am flabbergasted that Heavenly Father placed someone as amazing as you in my path here at BYU. I know that if I were to ever need anything at all, that you would help me without hesitation. You are just so purely good and I am so grateful for your friendship, support, and love. Please don't be a stranger. I love you!


Dear Ryan, You are literally one of the most amazing people I know that I will ever associate with. You have such a genuine, deep love for the gospel and for those around you. You are the most brotherly brother I have or will ever have (I mean, you've even seen me walk out of the shower in nothing but a towel--how much more "brotherly" can one get?). I feel absolutely safe and myself around you and know that I can trust you with anything. I love you so much an am so glad that we're family. Thank you for all you do.


Dear Emily, Last night when we were driving home in the snow, the only thing I could think of the whole first half of the ride was you, in the other car. I didn't know if you were safe, but was praying so hard that you would be. I didn't care what happened to me at that moment--all I cared about was you. Then I had the bright idea to actually text you guys to see if you guys were okay. You were, and I began to feel okay because the roads became less snowy. You, Jessica, Abby, and Kate are the best friends I have in this whole world, and I'm so grateful that we can be together for eternity. I am so, so, so grateful for the chance to live with you here at school. You are so amazing. When you and I were walking around temple square in the snowy cold underneath my umbrella I felt so amazingly blessed to be there with you and to feel so much like myself. I loved looking at the temple with you and thinking about how awesome it's going to be when the day comes for us to be in there, or another temple like it, together. If you ever feel discouraged or that you haven't made a difference in the world, I hope you know that you have made a significant difference in my life and that I love you so much. Thank you for being so amazing and for being willing to be stuck with me for eternity. Best friends forever. Literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment