Monday, March 12, 2012

Goals, Motivations, and Aspirations


"While understanding the “what” and the “how” of the gospel is necessary, the eternal fire and majesty of the gospel springs from the “why.” When we understand why our Heavenly Father has given us this pattern for living, when we remember why we committed to making it a foundational part of our lives, the gospel ceases to become a burden and, instead, becomes a joy and a delight. It becomes precious and sweet."   -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, "Forget Me Not", 2011 Relief Society Broadcast

Why I Do What I Do:

  • So I can help others return to Heavenly Father
  • So I can return to Heavenly Father
  • So I can one day be happily married and raise righteous children
  • So I can become a better person
  • So I can learn
  • So I can uplift others
  • So I can be eternally happy
  • So I can one day be like God
  • So I can show Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that I love and care for Them and am grateful for all they do for me
  • So I can go to the temple
  • So I can have the Spirit's comfort and direction in my life
Desires I Have
  • To love God and feel His love for me in return so that I can share His love with others
  • To serve, uplift, and inspire people
  • To be happy here and now
  • To get married
  • To have children
  • To know, understand, and love the scriptures
  • To graduate from BYU with an English teaching major
  • To love, respect, and care for my body
  • To love going to the temple
  • To love, support, and help my parents and sisters
  • To feel confident that I'm living the life God wants me to
  • To return to live with my Heavenly Father for forever
  • To have a firm relationship with my Heavenly Father and Savior here and now
My "To Be" List
  • A good daughter
  • A good wife
  • A good mother and grandmother
  • An avid scriptorian
  • A helper
  • A happy person
  • A missionary
  • A friend
  • A disciple of Christ
  • A humble person
  • Someone who develops her talents
  • Someone who loves being a girl and understands why that make me special
  • Someone who knows the Lord and talks with Him multiple times a day
  • Someone who wisely makes her own decisions and confirms them with the Lord 
  • A person who understands the divinity which God has given me 

No comments:

Post a Comment