Tuesday, January 29, 2013

25 Days Reflecting on Learning: The Power of Fasting

Day Six: This past week I learned about the power of fasting. That Sunday, my FHE brother, John, gave an amazing talk on the power of fasting. The previous week I had been feeling like I should fast for something; John's talk is what finally convinced me to do it. The next day, Monday, I fasted. Throughout that day and the rest of the week, I thought a lot about the thing I had fasted for. I sought direction from the scriptures, from General Conference talks, from reading my Patriarchal Blessing, from talking to those close to me, and from prayer. At first I think I let my pride get in the way of getting an answer because I was only letting myself look for an answer that I wanted. Slowly, though, the Lord softened my heart. Saturday night the Lord answered my prayers and questions, and I received some of the sweetest, surest pieces of revelation I have ever received. This experience has greatly strengthened my testimony of fasting. When coupled with a sincere desire and effort, the Lord will not let our fast go unnoticed. He will answer our prayers.


“Also, I give unto you a commandment that ye shall continue in prayer and fasting from this time forth.” –D&C 88:76

No comments:

Post a Comment