Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Break

This year, I had one of the best Christmas breaks I've ever had! There are so many reasons why, but here are just a few...

The Candy Bomber at the Mo-Tab Christmas Concert. This was one of the best parts of the program!
To start it off, I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Concert with Sarah, Amelia, and Emily on Friday, the 14th! We got to hear Alfie Boe sing "Bring Him Home", which he sang in the 25th aneversary of Le Miserables and then we all started crying when they had Tom Brokaw tell the story of the Candy Bomber. Thanks so much for the tickets, Sarah!

I got to hear missionary farewells for Jordan Morgan, Devon Shaw, and Jordan Stowell. They are all going to be amazing missionaries!

I went shopping with my mom, Emily, and Jessica.

I started and actually finished reading Enders Game--the first fun book I've read in over a whole YEAR!

Lauren and I!
I got to go to lunch with Lauren Powell, Michael Lee, and Holly Engh! It was so good to see old friends and to catch up!

Louisa came over to hang out and be goofy with us and we got to just talk about life and have fun.


My family had fun with other families: the Hardy's house the Sunday before Christmas; Doctor Who Christmas special, games, and The Amazing Spider-Man; partying with the Nuffers and Longs on New Years Eve--all awesome people and all awesome times.


Paige and Stephanie came over to my house that late Sunday night and we talked and watched The Nativity Story.

I had a super-duper fun Christmas Eve!!! We played games, ate delicious food, got new games to play together, read the Christmas story, watched some awesome Christmas Mormon Messages, and watched It's a Wonderful Life (one of my favoritest movies ever!) 

Christmas morning (after about 4 hours of sleep) we went upstairs at 6am and got Santa presents! I was lucky enough to get some much needed pants and shoes, and was also surprised with a Cricut cutting machine! For sister presents, Emily gave me an awesome bag and an even awesomer Dr. Suess calendar and an ever awesomest wocket in the purses pocket. We spent the rest of the day eating more yummy food, playing more fun games, and watching movies. I loved being able to just take the day slow, spending time with my favorite people in the whole world!


As part of our family Christmas present, we got tickets to go see the movie Les Miserables on the 26th! It was so amazing and I'm so grateful that we were able to go!

I went to Stephanie's bridal shower, where I got to visit with lots of friends and eat yummy food.

My family watched all three Lord of the Rings movies, extended editions. Some of the best movies ever with the best people in the world!


My Aunt Janet gave us money to go see a movie for Christmas, so we were able to go and see The Hobbit!
More than anything I did, though, it was just good to be able to be with the people I love and care about. Any time spent with Dad, Mom, Emily, Jessica, Abby, and Kate is time that I will remember. I love you guys!








No comments:

Post a Comment