Tuesday, January 15, 2013

25 Days Reflecting on Learning: I Can Trust the Women in My Ward

This is a picture of some of the women I have been blessed to associate with during my time as Relief Society President in the 41st Ward. Most of them have moved on to live elsewhere now, but this picture still reminds me of the power I have seen in all the women I have served with. All of them are amazing!
Today I learned that I can trust the women in my ward to fulfill their callings. One of the things I stress most about in Relief Society is helping and trusting girls to fulfill the role they have been called to. Sometimes, I would almost rather do everything myself so that I can feel safe knowing what has been done and what hasn't. But doing everything on my own would be murder and would rob other fantastic girls of the blessings they could recieve from serving the Lord.

This evening, when I got home, I finished divvying up the new Visiting Teaching assignments and then texted my new supervisors and coordinators, letting them know that the assignments were ready to be picked up and passed out. Then, I waited anxiously for them to come and pick them up.

That last part was a lie. I didn't have to wait from them to come and pick them up nearly at all! Isn't that just splendidly wonderful? All of them were over at my place within half an hour--happy and willing and ready to help with what I asked them to. Since then, I have felt relieved because I know that I can trust these girls to get something done when I ask them to. They have proved themselves tonight, and I'm so excited to get to keep working with them throughout the semester.

The knowledge I gained tonight only solidified something I already knew: that the women in my ward are amazing. I see it every day: in the clothes they wear, the things they post on facebook, the conversation they have with friends, the comments they make in church, the kind things they say to me--all of it leaves me standing in awe that so much of the world's goodness could be condensed into such a small group of women. I am blessed to get to associate with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment