Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Kind People and Beautiful Music

Dear Eric, Your birthday letter was one of the BEST birthday presents anyone has EVER given me! Thank you so, so, so, so much for all your kindness, support, and friendship. I'm sad that you moved away from Campus Plaza, but hope that you will still come over to say hi and have fun every once and a while. You bring the Spirit with you wherever you go, and that is the kind of company I like to keep. Thanks for being one of my best friends.

Dear Audrey Dickerson, You message absolutely MADE my day! I don't even know how to reply to it all, other than that you are super amazingly fantastic too! I miss having you in our ward (especially in Relief Society), so I'm glad you have friends here that you visit so that I can still see you every once and a while. Thank you for always being happy--it is one of your most beautiful qualities. It spreads to others and makes them want to be happy too. Just being around you makes me want to smile. Good luck this semester and, as you advised me, just keep being you. "You" fits you wonderfully! (Isn't that true for us all?)

Dear Jacob Scoville, Oh my gosh!!!! Who'd thunk I'd run into YOU at The Phantom of the Opera tonight after having not seen you for at least over three years! I'm super excited to get together with you sometime soon to catch up and have fun!!!

Dear Rachel and Alysha, That music was AMAZING!!! Half the time, I forgot that the actors were singing along with a live orchestra, rather than a recording. Thank you for giving me a very memorable evening by sharing your talents. You two are amazing.


Dear BYU Production of The Phantom of the Opera, My jaw was unconsciously dropped for at least half of the show.  The other half, I considered bringing it back up, but then figured it'd end up back down soon enough and that it was dark so no one could really see me looking like a wide-eyed hippo anyways. The performance was stunning. I could have left at the intermission satisfied but then, after a fifteen minute break, the show went on and I was crying by the end. Beautiful, spectacular job. Definitely one of my highlights of my time here at BYU.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Phantom made such an impression on you! So many hours have been put into it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you could have seen the awesome facial hair they had! There was this one beard that was so...SO...I just can't find the right words! You have to see it in person to appreciate its beauty. Too bad you're down in California, I could have talked to you about it with you for a whole night. The beard, I mean.

    Love and miss you Lauren! Soak up a little extra sun for me today!

    ReplyDelete