Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Summer Bucket List 2015

A couple of days ago I did an impromptu interview with Jon about me to see what he knew. One of the questions was: "What does your wife like to do?" and one of his answers was: "Making lists." He was right! I love making lists! They help me infuse my life with purpose and give me things to do in my free time. So to make our summer more awesome, I of course suggested to Jessica that we make a summer bucket list. She agreed! And we made one! And we're already crossing tons of stuff off of it! And I'm ending way too many sentences in a row with exclamation marks!

We split our list into three categories: food, outdoor activities, and stuff we could do at home. Being us, of course the food category is the biggest of the tree. Naturally, this is also the category we have already started to tackle.

The first thing we made from this category was popsicles. This was Jessica's idea, and I think it's probably one of the best ideas she's ever had because the AC unit in our apartment doesn't work and I've become a chain popsicle sucker. The best part of all is that the popsicles we made aren't even bad for you! We just made up some Wyler's Light lemonade with a little less water than normal, mixed it with some fruit, and froze them in cups with spoons stickin' out. My favorite was the one with pineapple and strawberries.


The other thing we've made is tomato bisque. This is another one of Jessica's ideas, which was--once again--fabulous! We used this recipe. It was incredibly easy, and incredibly good. I'm definitely going to make it again!


Here are just a few of the other things on our list that I hope we cross off this summer:

  • Make fruit pizza
  • Make cauliflower potatoes
  • Eat tatter tots!
  • Go geocashing
  • Go swimming
  • Go to an outdoor movie
  • Watch all the Star Wars films
  • Paint postcards
  • Grow basil plants
  • Write and send Emily a poem

No comments:

Post a Comment