Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Our First Time Bowling

Jon's been bothering me for the past 11 hours about blogging this post, so I figure I'd better get to it. Last night, we went bowling together as a couple for the first time. Before going, we both admitted to each other that we weren't that good. For example, I usually bowl somewhere around a 115. Him too. So we show up at Miracle Bowl in Orem at 9:30 (it's only $1.50 per game after 9!) and started. What followed was both hilarious and embarrassing.

After the first three sets, this is what the scoreboard looked like:


Those cross things under Jon's name? Those are strikes. Those round things under my name? Those are zeros.

After five sets, Jon still had all strikes. This is what he looked like:


Even our neighboring bowlers were noticing. Finally, with his 6th set he "only" got a spare. By the end of the game he had bowled 6 strikes and 3 spares. I'm not going to tell you what I bowled.

In the end, Jon had a total score of 207. I had a total score of 41.

It was the best game of his life.

It was the worst of mine.

It might have also been the best night of Jon's life. He really loves winning.

It might have also been the best night of mine, because I really love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment