Monday, June 8, 2015

Dinner with Jess and Sarah

Yesterday I got to see two of my favorite people for the first time in nearly two year...Sarah and Jess! Sarah and Jess both recently returned from serving missions for the church. Sarah was in Montana and Jess was in El Salvador. Jon and I knew these girls when we lived at Campus Plaza. They were both Jon's FHE sisters, and I worked with Sarah in the Relief Society presidency and visit taught Jess. It was so good to see them!!! I love having all my long lost friends come back from serving their missions!

We spent the evening eating chicken pesto wraps (one of my favoritest meals ever!), watermelon (one of Jon's favoritest foods ever!), and yummy chicken flavored rice (compliments of Jess; it was some of the best rice I've ever had...teach me your Tex-Mexican ways!) While we ate we talked about life and missions and school and being brown and just enjoyed the feeling of feeling like only two days had passed instead of two years. After dinner, we played an epic game of Rook. Turns out, Sarah's family loves this game and she's pretty good at it, so I felt lucky to be on her team. Jon and Jess barely came out on top, but we didn't play to 500 points, so we can't really say anyone won....

I was happy because I took a bunch of awesome pictures on my camera and was excited to put them on here so that I could remember the evening. Unfortunately, someone changed the settings on my camera to Spanish and I have no idea how to change them back. So while my camera was screaming:

"I HAVE NO MEMORY CARD!!!"

 at me all night, all I saw was:

"No hay tarjeta"

Which looks nice and polite and all, but doesn't do much good for the white girl who took ASL in high school and college. Hopefully, someone fixes said camera tonight so that this mistake does not repeat itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment