Friday, July 6, 2012

Up and Doing

"I am an old man!... I’m given to meditation and prayer. I would enjoy sitting in a rocker, swallowing prescriptions, listening to soft music, and contemplating the things of the universe. But such activity offers no challenge and makes no contribution. I wish to be up and doing. I wish to face each day with resolution and purpose. I wish to use every waking hour to give encouragement, to bless those whose burdens are heavy, to build faith and strength of testimony."   -President Gordon B. Hinckely


Today's a day to be happy. A day to serve a little more. Be a little more grateful. Look to God a little more frequently than we normally do. I want to help those around me to have a better day. I want people to feel noticed and loved because of the time I take to be with them. I want others to feel that I genuinely care about them--because I do. This life is not meant for easy, idle pursuits. We are meant to work. We are meant to serve. We are meant to give. We are meant to love. That's what I want to do with my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment