Monday, July 9, 2012

Letters

Dear Relief Society Sisters, I have attended few church events that were as cool as us gathering together to read Daughters in My Kingdom on Sunday night. I especially appreciated what Sarah said: that decades ago the sisters met together in a small room to create the Relief Society, and now we were gathered together to learn about it. Every other comment made was equally as insightful and amazing. Keep reading the book. I know that it will help you because of the way it has already begun to help me.

Dear Pister, On Thursday you not only walked all the way up to campus with an umbrella so that I wouldn't have to walk home in the rain, but you also walked up to help Amelia and offered to help Rachel. You are solid proof that chivalry hasn't died.

Pister, Rachel, and I at the Rooftop concert right before the thumb wars began

Dear Rachel, Christopher, Jason, Riley, Pister, Rachel Gains, and Chad, The rooftop concert on Friday night was lots of fun. Having thumb wars in the middle of it made it even more fun. And no, Christopher, I would not make out with you if you smoked like the guy we saw on the side of the street. In fact, I'm not planning on making out with you at all. Even if you claim that dreaming about you makes me healthier. So the question was irrelevant.

Elora, Pister, and I at the top!
Dear Elora and Pister, I promise that I don't usually step into horse manure the last 100 steps away from the trail head at the end of a 13 mile hike. Count yourself lucky to have witnessed such a rare event. Maybe we should count it as a blessing? It is, after all, what led us to lie around in the stream in our clothes for half an hour after the hike. Which was awesome. Just like you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment