Friday, July 27, 2012

Letters

Your welcome for making sure that my calf's were not in the picture. I realize that you would have coveted them along with the Chacos, so I left them out. I know. I'm a saint.
Dear Provo, I forgot to mention this the other day, but can I just say that it's wonderfully amazing to feel just as much as if I'm coming home when I land in Salt Lake as it does when I land in Portland? When I came home here, I was just as emotional to see you all as when I got home in WA and saw my family. That means a lot to me. Thanks for being good enough that I could call you home.

Dear Rachel Wirthlin, All this week at work you talked about how Modern Shoe was having a Chacos sale today and that you wanted to go so bad. You probably didn't know that I have been wanting a pair of Chacos myself for quite some time. I went later this afternoon, not expecting much and thinking that they would probably be out. They were. Almost. They had one pair left in the style I wanted AND IT WAS MY SIZE!!! Someone must have broken the laws of the Universe to make that one happen, and I'm glad they did because it made my day. $110 shoes for $60?! Anyways, what I mean to say is: thanks for the heads up and for letting me know about the sale.

Dear Christopher Pister, Even though the more I talk with you, the more we find to disagree on, I'm very grateful that you volunteered to take me to the store to buy my Chacos so that Amelia wouldn't have to and that you were so excited about it. You really are a very good guy, and I'm glad we're friends.

Dear Eric, Thank you SO MUCH for making spaghetti and talking and watching the Olympics with me. You are such an amazing friend. I love your wit and humor, but even more than that, I love you testimony. When you say a pray, you really mean it. I can tell. Thanks for the example. And good luck with your half marathon tomorrow!!! You are going to do AMAZING! I know it because everything you do is amazing. It's just a habit of yours. Keep it up.

Dear Heavenly Father, I was totally fine with you not coming to the rescue today when I needed some ibuprofen. You do so much for me all the time and I was just laughing and thinking it was so ironic and funny that I'd just given away my bottle just two days before. When I came out of the bathroom and said: "So much for charity," I promise I didn't mean it. Really. I was just laughing at the irony. But do you let me go on in pain for the next several hours? Even just this once do you not come to my aid? No! Two seconds after the words left my mouth Rachel walked into the apartment--in the middle of the day when she's not usually home--and another two seconds after that she'd giving me some of her ibuprofen. I am constantly amazed at how fully and completely You have my back, even with the little things. Thanks for taking the time to notice and care about me in my time of need. You're my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment