Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Letters

Dear Heavenly Father, Maybe you misunderstood me the other day when I prayed for you to give me opportunities to help and lift others, because it seems to be happening the other way around. Others seem to be the ones helping and lifting me. This is especially nonsensical of You because I've been acting rather selfish and downhearted lately and really deserve none of the kindness others are giving me. But still, you prompt them to give it, and they do. Thank you so much for filling my life with extraordinary people who are good enough to be sensitive to those promptings and to follow them, even when they might not recognize that they are doing so. I love you very much.

Dear Joe Badal, Thanks for talking with me and helping me see things clearer. I don't know what our apartment is going to do without your free psychiatric consolations next year. Whitney is a very lucky girl.


Dear Pister, Thanks for always talking and for always waving through your window when I walk by and for wearing awesome hats and for doing your homework outside when it's snowing. Sometimes, I just need to talk to reassure myself that someone is willing to listen. You always listen. Reason number one why I have awesome home teachers.

Dear Michael Millard, Thanks for knowing how to play along with my sarcastic sense of humor and for being silly enough to make me laugh. I like laughing and being sarcastic. It makes me feel happy. Therefore, you make me happy. Reason number two why I have awesome home teachers.

Dear Kara Bury, I've decided that I like you. A lot. I'm excited to get to know you more.

Dear Me, Thanks for being silly enough to walk around on campus wearing barefoot running shoes, capris, and a giraffe hat while it's snowing. I think your outfit might have been ridiculous enough to qualify you as the next victim on "What Not to Wear". That thought, and the thought of what might be going through other people's heads when they pass you, makes me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment