Monday, May 13, 2013

Letters

Dear Eric, Thank you for coming over on Monday and helping me figure out half-marathon stuff. Knowing that I have a friend to back me up on it all helps a whole lot.

Dear N106, I had fun using my cricut with you guys last Monday at FHE. Our Mother's Day Cards turned out pretty spiffy. 

Dear Poci (aka: Jessica), You are so kind and thoughtful and amazing for bringing me flowers last week! Not that you weren't all those things before. It was just a good reminder. Thank you for being such an amazing example of selfless service and of always thinking of those around you. I love having you for a friend. 

Dear Steve, Sorry the weather was bad on Tuesday and that we weren't able to go hiking! I had fun baking cookies and watching 17 Again with you anyways. We'll have to go hiking sometime soon!

Dear Institute Friends, Wednesday night was fun. Let's do it again this week!

Dear Trevor, The Mexican food and games was SO much fun! Thank you for the wonderful date Friday evening, and I hope that I'll be able to join you guys in eating fish sometime soon!

Dear Five Mile Run With Many, Many Hills, I felt super after you on Saturday morning! What a wonderful way to start the day.

Sarah and I in our new shirts! We both wore them on Sunday to church.
Dear Sarah, I'm SO EXTREMELY VERY MUCH GLAD that you and I were FINALLY able to go cardigan/shirt shopping on Saturday at Cozy! After two months of wanting to go, we finally made it happen! And we look pretty snazzy in our new clothes, if I many say. Thanks for being a fantastic shopping buddy and an even more fantastic friend. You are wonderful.

Dear Jon, When I mentioned to my mom that Sarah and I got a boy to take us clothes shopping she asked if he waited outside or came in the store with us. When I affirmed that it was the later, she labeled "him" an angel/saint (because what boy would be willing to take two girls shopping for clothes?!) I quite agreed with her. Thanks for being "him."


Dear Sarah, Jon, Emily, Jacob, and Poci, I had so much fun going to the baseball game with ya'll on Saturday. Thanks for laughing with me when I asked what "2:55" meant on the scoreboard ("That's the time," Jon replied. "As in the time of day. 2:55pm." Oh.) and for helping me be more American (first baseball game ever!) Hope we can make the fun adventures continue (and that maybe I won't have to embarrass myself quite as much on the next one!)

Dear Brett, Jacob, Sam, and Ems, Washington groupies + Idaho Falls roommate get together on Saturday night was the best. It's nice to see familiar faces among the crowd of BYUites. And I hope you're all on time to work today.

Dear Peaceful, Beautiful Sunday Morning, I have not felt so much peace and calm in such a very long time. I love the beautiful weather. I love reading General Conference talks. I love visiting with friends. I love walking and sitting on the path south of campus. I love writing letters to Amelia. I love the gospel. I love the Lord. And I love having all these things come together in a beautiful span of three hours.

Dear Kyle and Emily Bashaw, Thanks for letting me steal your soy sauce and mustard. I ACTUALLY LIKED THE FISH I COOKED IT ON!!!!!!!!

Dear Everyone, You do not realize how big of a deal the above letter to Kyle and Emily is. I HATE fish. But yesterday, I actually liked it!

Dear Jarod, Nice to meet you. I'm looking forward to grabbing drinks with you later tonight!

Dear New Activities Committee, I'm super excited to join the club! I love being a part of a group with as much focus, energy, care, love, and motivation as you all have. We are going to work magic in the ward over the next few months and the thought gives me drive and purpose. And each of you inspire me to be better.

Dear Gentry and Scott, Noticed that you hacked my facebook account. Thanks for restraining yourselves from doing anything too horrific.

Dear Mom, Thanks so much for talking yesterday and for being more concerned about talking about my life when it was your day. You are an amazing mom and I'm so grateful to have you in my life.

Dear Life, After a soul-searching trip to the temple last Thursday, things have been looking really up. I'm so glad to be where I am, to get to learn from the mistakes I've made over the past few months, and to come out better because of the experience in the end.

Dear Heavenly Father, You know where I'm at better than I even do. Thank you for second chances, for giving me opportunities to learn, and for sending examples and friends and help in my life so that I can do it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment