Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Seeking the Help of Angels


As I was thinking about what I wrote the other day, about reaching out for help and friends, another thought occurred to me. The Savior, in the Garden of Gethsemane, fell to His knees and sought out comfort and love from an angel. With this in mind, I think of D&C 122:8 when I ponder on my stubbornness: "The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than He?" Who am I, when the Savior of us all Himself sought out the help of angels, to not seek out the comfort, support, help and love of angels in my life? And when I say "angels," I'm referring to family, friends, neighbors, classmates and ward members. We are commanded to be like the Lord in all things. This includes being humble enough to seek out and recognize the hands of angels in our daily lives. They are there. They will help. And receiving help from them only better enables us to to the same for others, which is the ultimate goal in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment