Saturday, April 6, 2013

Taking the Plunge!


Today I signed up for my first half-marathon. I'll be runnin' the Hobbler Half on July 13th, 2013

and the thought makes me kind of terrified

and excited

and sick to my stomach.

I've wanted to run a half-marathon every summer for the past two years but have always chickened out of it. This past week I went through my annual "running a half-marathon sounds like a good idea" phase, which was followed closely by the annual "you will DIE if you run a half-marathon--DON'T DO IT!!!" That second phase isn't too pleasant. Like, I get sick to my stomach and want to throw-up! unpleasant. Not fun.

Before I could let the second phase completely drive away the first, I facebook messaged Eric and asked him if he'd help me in my half-marathon-ness because I knew he'd run one last year. Not even 24 hours later, he'd replied with an "Ohmygosh yes!" So, with an official support buddy to help me through this whole thing, I  held my breath, went online and signed-up before I could change my mind again. PHEW!

So am I slightly freaked out?

Yes.

Am I slightly excited to do something super hard and challenging?

Even more so.

Hobbler Half, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete