Friday, May 4, 2012

Who's on the Lord's Side? Who?


“Brethren, shall we not go on in so great a cause? Go forward and not backward. Courage, brethren; and on, on to the victory! Let your hearts rejoice, and be exceedingly glad.”   -D&C 128:22

“Guided by the Holy Spirit, we will learn from our mistakes. If we stumble, we will rise. If we falter, we will go on. We will never waver; we will never give up. As a mighty brotherhood of the everlasting priesthood of God, we will stand together, shoulder to shoulder, focused on the principles of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and gratefully serving our God and fellowman with dedication and love.”   -President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, The Why of Priesthood Service, April 2012 General Conference

Now is the time to step up, unite together, and to be stronger and more determined than we ever have been before. Satan is not going to win. He may win at first. He may win today and tomorrow and many, many days after that; but I promise that he will not win in the end! He cannot win. We already know the outcome of the battle. It is not a question of who will win. God will win. It is instead a question of which side we will chose to fight for.

I chose to fight on God’s side. I want to throw in every last bit of energy I have proving myself and bringing forth good and helping lift up others and advancing the work of God. I want to be strong. I want to be steadfast and immovable. I want to be a solider for the Lord

I know that this church is the true church. I know that Joseph Smith saw God and Jesus Christ. I know that he restored the true church upon the earth. I know that he was a prophet. I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book because when I read it I feel closer to God and I receive inspiration and revelation for my life. I know that God’s priesthood power is once again upon the earth and that this power makes it possible for us to be sealed together as families in the Lord’s temples. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that He atoned for our sins, that He died and was resurrected for us, and that He lives and helps each of us daily today. I know that God lives. I know that He is our Father. I know that He knows each and every single one of us more perfectly than we know ourselves. I know that He desires us to succeed and to do well in this life so that we can return to Him. I know that He loves us with an immeasurable amount of love.

I want no one to doubt whose side I’m fighting on. I am for the Lord. He will uplift, and help, and strengthen us all as we dedicate ourselves to fighting more earnestly to serve one another and to become better brothers and sisters in the gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment