Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Juice, please!

Tonight, after reading our scriptures together, I pulled out my laptop to write a blog post while Jon got off the bed (the only piece of padded furniture in our apartment at the moment), and left the room to go do some stuff for class. As soon as he left, I thought that a drink of juice sounded nice, and figured that since he was up and goin' and I was down and sittin' that he might possibly be kind enough to get me some.

"Hey, Jon! Would you mind doing me a favor?"

First, he exclaimed: "Hot turds!" which was followed by laughter and: "What do you want me to do?"

"What's so funny?"

Laughter. "It took me forever to get out of the room and then as soon as I finally did you ask me to come back so that I can do you a favor."

Well. Um. I guess I didn't think my request through as well as I should have? Live and learn?

"So...do you still mind doing me a favor?"

"What?"

"Could you maybe possibly please get me a cup with ice and some juice in it? It just sounds really good right now!"

He stares at me for a few seconds, eyes twinkling. "Sure!" he exclaims, turning around and leaving the room.

As I sit on the bed, I hear laughter and then dead silence.

I start to feel an inkling. I'm suddenly reminded of all those times growing up when someone asked me for a cup of water and I'd bring it back with only a few drops or with hot water instead of cold because it was pretty much the funniest thing on earth.

Oh no.

Sure enough, a minute later this is what walks through the door:


Oh gosh, Honey, you shouldn't have.

At least after he came back with enough juice in the cup to satisfy a normal human, he very cheerfully said: "All you need to do for a refill is say: *Ehem* Refill, please! and I'll get you a refill!"

Is this him preparing me for kids or just introducing me to the husband?

No comments:

Post a Comment