Monday, July 1, 2013

The Good Shepherd

Today I was studying why Christ has the title of "shepherd". In my searching, I came across this scripture:
"He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young."  -Isaiah 40:11
This scripture is so beautiful and tender to me. I cannot help but see a loving, compassionate Savior when I read these words. It is such a good reminder that at the root of everything Christ has done--and still does--for us is love. He loves us so much. He gave everything for us. And continually, day by day, He desires to hold us close and to lead us back to our heavenly home. He is patient. He is kind. He gives us the benefit of the doubt and sees us as who we truly are and can become. He is gentle. He is perfect. And above all, He is there for you and I. He did not give His life thousands of years ago on our behalf only to abandon us right now. I know that He lives and that He is just as invested in the daily dealings of your life right now as He was in the daily dealings of the people in Jerusalem two millennium ago. Come unto Him and He will lead you to still waters and there, with Him, you can find rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment