Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Weekend with the Fam


This past weekend I was lucky enough to have my family stop by for a visit! They were traveling from Washington down to Arizona to visit my Grandma and stopped for the afternoon/evening in Provo to visit Ems and I. I thought that going on a picnic would be super fun, and so that's what we did! When they arrived we skedaddled our way over to Kiwanis park, laid out a blanket, and spent the next hour or so talking, eating, and enjoying the good weather. Jon also joined us, which was super awesome!

When people got bored of the park we drove home and enjoyed some Creamies. Then, we decided to go over to Rock Canyon Park so that my sisters could roll down the huge hill (I passed for the most part. Halfway down the first roll the Creamie in my stomach protested). We ended the night by hiking the Y and looking out at the city lights from up top. ("You mean," remarked Kate, "that they just found this huge rock shaped in the shape of a Y and painted it white?")

It was so good to get to see my family and share some of my life here in Provo with them. Plus, the ordeal helped me cross of summer bucket list item #10!

No comments:

Post a Comment