Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Resisting My OCD Tendencies

I've been studying on the third floor of the library in the No-Shh! Zone lately. Normally, I sit at one of the computers on the long side of the oval tables. Today, I decided to try and sit on the rounded edge or the table instead. Since I sat down, I've been trying to resist the urge to move. I think I really do prefer the straight edge of the tables to this weird, curved one. At first, I tried to talk sense into myself. This spot is fine. I really can sit here. But immediately my brain started to come up with a zillion of other problems with this seat. The keys on this keyboard are stiff and hard to type with. The screen is crooked. The keyboard doesn't line-up perfectly with the computer. I don't like this angle. A sick person probably sat here before me and I'm going to be sick tomorrow for having used the same computer. There could be a glitch in one of the computer cords and if I continue to sit here it's probably going to blow-up and injure me. If I don't move soon I could miss out on a serendipitous opportunity to meet my Mr. Right. Someone else probably really loves this spot and if I don't move, I'll ruin their day.

I tried. Really, I did. "Just wait out writing this blog post and see if it still bugs you," I told myself. Alas, I'm sad to say that my OCD tendencies are still nagging at me and this seat is driving me crazy. I'm off to move over to that straight-edged-table computer seat I've been eyeing for the past five minutes or so. I hope no one sees me move.

Over and Out.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahahahaha. I hope you're more successful with your straight edge.

    ReplyDelete