Monday, March 25, 2013

A Weekend in Verse

Friday after the gym I's at S106
Stephen doin' a Russian to English poem fix.
Made me think to myself: "Poem writtin' could be fun!"
So now I's gonna tell you what with my weekend I've done.

So like I said, Friday night I chilled with the boys
Sat doin' my homework; Rylin making bracket noise.
Told him to try talking 'bout somethin' besides Madness.
He didn't. I tried to hide amused gladness. 

Sat mornin' woke-up and said: "What the heck! Is this snow?!"
Turned to Ems askin': "Rex Lee Run...should we go?"
She didn't care so I said: "How 'bout we stay."
Gave it more thought, moaned and we got on our way.

At the race we saw boys from N104
Alex, McKelle, Scott and many, many more!
Our toes:cold. Hands: numb. But all made it through
When we went across the finish line I gave a "Woo-hoo!"

Walked home. Cleaned clothes. Lazed around for a bit. 
Looked at my homework and figured I'd do it.
So I went on a date with 'ol Harold B. Lee
Stayed there for hours then went home with some glee.

Forgot about homework the rest of the night
Watched ward talent and ate an ice cream delight.
Started "Aladin" but too tired to stay
I went off to bed, then woke-up to new day.

And then, Sunday came and was filled with lots of meetings and an awesome church service and delicious FHE dinner and making cinnamon rolls with friends. It was too busy and tired to rhyme, but that's okay. Sometimes, ya' just gotta forget about the rules and take a day to do things your way. That's how my Sunday went, and it was awesome.

I love my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment