Sunday, August 5, 2012

Letters

This man is the awesomest Dad I have ever had. He is my superhero, and I love him!
Dear Dad and Mom, You take time to come all the way down here to drop Emily off for school and then you treat me by buying me all this super awesome stuff that I've been dying to buy for my apartment for such a very long time and then you go and take us out for yummy treats multiple times and on top of that all you guys are just two of the most awesome people I know in the world. Conclusion: I love you two so stinkin' much! Thanks for being the best parent Heavenly Father could have ever given me.


Dear Lydia, I'm so happy that you could come down with my parents and Emily to spend the weekend with us so that you could check-out BYU. First off, let me say that I'm super impressed that you made it to the age of 17 without having ever set foot into Utah. Sorry we helped you break your record. Secondly, I apologize that we're so boring. Hopefully, you had SOME fun. Thirdly, let me just say that you are really, really awesome. Last night before bed you spent a significant time reading your scriptures and praying and writing in your journal. You are an amazing example of a righteous women who knows that she's a daughter of God. Thank you for being who you are. Keep it up.

Don't you wish you were there too?!
Yes--it's GONE! His hair is GONE!!!
Markie and I! This amazing girl drew awesome pictures while we were at the concert. She is such an amazing artist, and an even more amazing friend!
Heather, Kim, and I at the concert! These two girls are AWE. SOME.
Dear Rooftop Concert Friends, Thanks for sharing blankets and otter pops and for playing games and talking. It was fun.

Dear Jeremy, I'm so glad that you walked home with Emily, Lydia, and I after the rooftop concert. Even though you shaved your head bald, I still really enjoyed having the time to talk with you. I miss you. Lots. Thanks for being an amazing friend and example. You really are one of the brothers I never had. Thanks for filling that hole.

Dear Riley, Thanks for talking on Saturday night. It's so good to know that there are people who love and support me and are willing to listen to me ramble on about my life for an hour and still stay interested and offer words of advice. You are a very good man, and I'm glad to have you in my life. Let's stay friends, okay?

The ward at break the fast!
Dear Ward Activities Committee, You guys are so super awesome for putting together everything for today's break the fast. The food was amazing, but you guys are amazinger. Thanks for dedicating so much time and effort towards your calling. Keep being amazinger.

I can't wait to get to know these two amazing people more!
Dear Bro. and Sis. Anderson, We are so happy and excited and glad to have you be a part of our ward as Bro. Anderson serves as the second counselor in the bishopric. You two are so sweet and I already love both of you!

Dear Bishop, I cannot tell you how much I love, respect, appreciate, and look up to you. Thank you for all you do to serve the members of our ward. I'm so glad that I know you. You make me smile.

Dear Relief Society Sisters, Having the opportunity to serve you is one of the best blessings in my life. I'm humbled beyond description because of the opportunity I have to work with such amazing, spiritual, wise, strong, awesome women. You all inspire me with your testimonies and examples. I love you girls.

Dear Women Who Have Gone Before, Thank you for your faith and strength and testimonies and sacrifices. I aspire to be as great as all of you one day. I'm so blessed and grateful to be a part of the heritage you have left behind for us. I will not let you down.


Dear Emily, I am the luckiest sister in the world to get to live with you for this next year while we're at college. I love how normal and right it feels to have you here with me. You are one of the most amazing people I know. Keep being the amazing, righteous, beautiful, strong, smart, loving, kind daughter of God that you are, and I will try my best to keep away the boys!

Dear Heavenly Father, You know it all already, but thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment