Saturday, August 11, 2012

Letters

Sitting at the top!
Dear Emily, Hiking the Y with you yesterday afternoon was the best. Thanks for being patient with me when I stopped a kagillion times to fix my shoes or take a breather. I promise I'm not usually that slow moving up the mountain. This morning I even ran up part of it without stopping. Yesterday I was just tired, or at least, that's my excuse. Either way, spending that time with you was so much fun. I love how I can be my complete, normal self when I'm around you. Let's hang out again sometime soon.

Dear Jim, You were such a kind, nice man. Emily and I didn't even know you, yet when we ran into you at the bottom of the mountain you stood and talked to us for at least 15 minutes, talking about wrestling and trucking and Utah and your kids. Best wishes to you, Sir!

Dear UVU Wrestling Team, Hiking past you while we were going down the Y and you were running up it was...kinda' interesting. Next time, would you consider wearing something along with you tiny spandex shorts? Awesome.

SOme of the old FHE family at Josh's BBQ. Good times, good times.
Dear Josh Duncan, Thank you so much for inviting us to your going-away BBQ on Thursday night. It's the first time I've been to Rock Canyon Park, even though I've run past it a million times. The food was good, rolling down the hill was fun, but seeing you one last time before you leave for grad school was the best of it all. Thank you for being the best adopted FHE brother in the world!

This is what Costco's frozen yogurt will do to you. Maybe we should be more careful next time we order  from their food court.
Dear Rachel Munyan, Going to Costco to get huge cups of frozen yogurt and then going to Rock Canyon Park to eat it and talk and have fun was a blast. Emily and I both love you (and that was the first time Emily's ever even met you!) I hope you have the best time ever with your sister today, and that you and I get to go have fun again sometime soon. I really like you.

Dear Audrey Pister, I really, really, really like talking and cooking and watching movies and laughing and being with you. You are pretty much awesome. Even if things don't work out and you're not our roommate in the fall, I hope you will drop by to say hi often. We all think you are really cool.

Dear Graduations, I don't know if I'm going to enjoy my own graduation very much after having to help put on so many others for work. Oh well?

Dear Alma, The words of counsel that you gave your sons in Alma 36-42 are some of my favorite in the whole Book of Mormon. Thank you.

Dear Sarah Porter, Thanks for talking the other night. It's good to have you back home for a bit.

Dear Stephen, I'm so excited for you to be here at CP next week. It's going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment