Monday, January 8, 2018

Happy Birthday to Me!




I have a daily quote book I'm reading this year and yesterday's quote was from Mark Twain, and goes: “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.” I find it serendipitous that the first of the two days mentioned in this quote--"the day you are born"--happens to have been that same day for me. Yesterday was my birthday! But what made me stop and think was the second half of the quote--"the day you find out why" part.

I feel grateful that as of yesterday, I've lived 26 full and wonderful years of not having to stress over and wonder about and find out why I was born because I've always known. I born into a home where the gospel of Jesus Christ was taught, and as such, I've always known my purpose here on earth.

That purpose stems from the knowledge that I am a daughter of God. I know that He sent me here to learn and experience for myself the bad from the good, to gain a body, to prove what I'm made of, and to return to Him because I love Him. I am grateful for the energy and purpose this knowledge gives me.

If you are reading this, that probably means you know me and I consider you a friend. If there's one thing I could give all my friends after all they've given me, it's a knowledge of these things that I've just talked about. If you don't know what The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints teaches about our purpose here on earth, I invite you to find out why by checking out Mormon.org. If what you read peaks your interest, you can find out more by talking to someone in person. If not, no harm done!

Thank you to everyone for making the past 26 years fabulous! Besides the lack of brain power I'm already experiencing (just ask my husband about the key fiasco that happened yesterday at church!), I'm really looking forward to being one year older and wiser too.

No comments:

Post a Comment