Thursday, January 18, 2018

What He Sees In Me

Christ in a white robe, holding the hand of a young girl whom He has just raised from the dead while her parents look on.
Sometimes I find myself wondering: "Do I believe in Christ?"

The answer is always a resounding "Yes." Then I realize that the real question on my mind is: "Do I believe in myself?"

Christ is pure and powerful and perfect. He has healed and forgiven and blessed people throughout all history, in all books of scripture, and even in our world today. I, on the other hand, have quite the different track record. I stumble. I fall. I mess up. I make mistakes. I sin.

When I start thinking these things, I remind myself of a quote that got me through a rough patch in my life. It goes:
"Oh, it is wonderful to know that our Heavenly Father loves us—even with all our flaws! His love is such that even should we give up on ourselves, He never will.We see ourselves in terms of yesterday and today. Our Heavenly Father sees us in terms of forever. Although we might settle for less, Heavenly Father won’t, for He sees us as the glorious beings we are capable of becoming." (Joseph B. Wirthlin)
This beautiful statement gives me hope. God is perfect and sees me perfectly, and even despite all my flaws, He still loves me and will never give up on me. So when what I see in myself doesn't seem like enough to believe in, I decide to believe in what He sees instead, and that is enough.

1 comment: