Monday, June 16, 2014

A Load of Laundry

Once upon a time I forgot my laundry in the dryer and, being away from home, asked my roommate--Emily--if she wouldn't mind grabbing it and taking it up to my room for me. When I came home, I found this on my bed:


It was all folded!!!

Just 10 minutes of her day made me feel 10 times more special and awesome and grateful to live with such an amazing person than I would have otherwise. It really is the small and simple things we do to serve those around us every single day that make us happier, make others happier, and make the world a happier place. Just think of how much happier and more grateful the world would be if we all took an extra 10 minutes tomorrow to make someone's day like Emily made mine on Saturday.

Just a thought.

“It is vital that we serve each other in the kingdom. … So often, our acts of service consist of simple encouragement or of giving … help with mundane tasks, but what glorious consequences can flow … from small but deliberate deeds!” –President Spencer W. Kimball, Small Acts of Service”

No comments:

Post a Comment