Sunday, May 24, 2015

Teaching's Coming to an End!



 My classroom doesn't look like this anymore.

I have one four-day week left of teaching at Salem Junior High, and it's getting kinda' sad.

I started to feel sad last Wednesday when my classroom went from looking like it does in these pictures to looking like an empty hospital room. As kids have filed in and seen the room, they make remarks like: "It looks so empty in here!" and "If you leave there'll be no cool teachers for me to come say hi to next year" and "Why do you have to move to Washington?"

Normally I don't take much joy in other peoples' sorrows, but this is one time that I am grateful that there is a little bit of sadness. It's good to know that, amid all the confusion and learning (on my part and theirs) and mess-ups and trying agains, that the kids still liked me and thought I did a decent job.

Now, it's on to finding a teaching job in Washington!

(PS- The kids made me promise to curl my hair for the last day of school!)

No comments:

Post a Comment