Sunday, September 23, 2012

Some of the Bestest Letters I've Had in a Long Time


Anna and I went here--the Provo Temple--to do service for those who have passed on on Friday. For more information about temples, click here.

 Dear Anna, I cannot thank you enough for going to to the temple, chalk the block, and red mango frozen yogurt with me on Friday. I have not felt that much like myself since school started. Thanks for being some who just gets it all. Thanks for being someone who listens. Thanks for being an amazing friend. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father for putting you in my life.

Dear Amelia and Rachel, I'm so glad that I skipped out on doing an extra hour of homework and went shopping at Downeast Basics instead! I love the skirt I got and loved even more that it was half off and loved even more than that that I got to spend time with you two being goofy. Thanks for taking me, and for being the best. 
Grandma, Janet, Emily, and I ate lunch at Guru's! 
 Dear Grandma Sorensen and Aunt Janet, Seeing you two for lunch on Saturday was so much fun! I'm so lucky to have family as amazing, inspiring, supporting, and loving as you two. Emily and I really enjoyed the food, but enjoyed seeing you guys ten bajillion times more! I'm so grateful that our family is sealed so that we can be together forever.


Dear Eric and Jeremy and Emily and Janet, Going to see the Piano Guys in Spanish Fork for FREE on Saturday night was so much fun. Janet--thanks for letting us know about it. It was so good to get to see you again before you head back home. Jeremy and Eric--you are two of my best friends in the world. I love how easy-going and fun and awesome you two are. I don't feel stressed about putting on any sort of face or show when I'm with you. Thank you.

Dear Brian, Cindy, and family, It was so good seeing you on Saturday night at the Piano guys concert. Thank you for being so kind as to invite us to your house for dinner sometime in the near future. It is so reassuring to know that we have family nearby to take care of us if we ever need anything. See you soon!

Dear Eric, I was so super happy that you wanted to watch Henry V with me! Doing movie-watching Shakespeare homework is definitely so much better when you're doing it with friends. Best part of the night: three minutes to midnight, you opened your blinds and brought chairs and speakers outside the window so that we could finish the movie while still following the Honor Code. I felt so cool, and am glad that you're cool enough to want to keep the rules. Keep being awesome.

Dear Emily, I've decided that living with your sister at college is cool plus day-off--of-school awesome plus more. We rock this.

Dear Quaelii, You made this Sunday the best Sunday I've had in ages. I'm so glad that we are visiting teaching companions! Thanks for visiting teaching with me and for talking and playing games and for understanding. Official declaration: You and I are friends.

Dear Jenna, I'm so excited to get to visit teach you and that you love young adult literature like I do! Good luck with your week and keep being your awesome self.

Dear Mary, Happy three-days-late birthday! I'm so glad that I get to visit teach someone as awesome and strong and super as you. Remember--if you lose your super suit, you better let Quaelii and I know! We will get you a new one in a flash!

ShenShen's thumb can bend back super far and her elbow bends inside-out, and Emily's backbone sticks out far enough for her to open the fridge with! Me? I'm stuck being boring. They're so lucky!!!
Dear ShenShen, Dinner with you tonight was so yummy! Thanks for bringing your Chinese dish (which was SUPER delicious!) and for thinking that the food I cooked was so good. I loved being able to spend time with you just talking about life and school and grad school and weird things we can do with our bodies and that Chinese people have more joints than us Americans. I can't wait to see you in the library (like I often do!) and to have dinner again with you second block!

Dear Sarah, Your strength and testimony inspires me. I know that Heavenly Father brought you into my life several months ago so that you could help me with things I'm struggling with right now. Your words on Wednesday night answered so many unspoken prayers that have been residing in my heart for several months. You have literally changed the way I think and the way I will interact with others. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Dear Heavenly Father, With you, my life becomes fulfilling, productive, happy, and so many other good things. Every good thing comes from you. Thank you for giving me reason to get out of bed in the morning and for helping me on the mornings when it's hard to. You are my all, and I don't know where I'd be without you.






1 comment:

  1. Lindsey, it was so good to see you and Emily too. So Sunday night for dinner!(September 30th) Would 5:00 be o.k. or would it be better earlier? We can't go later, because our kids get hungry! O.k., I do too.:) Let me know! Love you guys.

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete