Saturday, October 3, 2015

Washington State Fair

One of the perks of being a teacher is that every once and a while, you get free stuff. This past September, one of those perks presented itself in the form of two tickets for free admission to the Washington State Fair.

"Wanna go?" I asked Jon.

Seeming pretty partial, he said: "Yes," and I was in the same boat he was. The thought of going to the fair never gets me excited, but it was free to get in and I figured we could just spend a couple of dollars on food, look at the animals, and call it a fun date night.

So one lovely Thursday night we went on over, handed the guy at the gate our tickets, and walked on in.

It surprised us. It was much more fun than either of us thought it would be! Jon especially suddenly changed from partial to super excited. We looked at the vendors (got my ring cleaned for free and learned about cooking without water), ate some greasy food, went on the Extreme Scream (one of those rides where they shoot you straight up and then drop you straight down--it was terrifying!), saw a one-man band, and looked at the animals.

Several hours later, we both walked out holding hands with smiles on our faces. It was an evening well spent. The only downside about it all is that now Jon's convinced that he wants to start a farm, and I don't know quite how to convince him out of the idea of owning a pair of goats.

The one-man band guy was pretty cool!


Jon when I told him I didn't think starting a farm was a good idea:



Jon eating a greasy burger right after we'd sat through an hour-long presentation about how America is dying because we don't eat healthy (the presenter was trying to sell kitchenware). The irony was great.


Elephant Ear!

The Extreme Scream! Yes--I screamed. A lot.


I love spending time with this guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment