Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Teaching is HARD!

Last Thursday and Friday I had the day off because it was fall break. Oh my goodness gracious. They were two of the best/most productive/energetic days that I have had in ages. I felt like my happy go-get-er normal human self!

And then yesterday happened.

And school started back up.

And I got hit with a wall of bricks.

Where did all my energy go? I found myself wondering. Why am I suddenly being drawn to eat five pounds of chocolate a day when last week I was fine with going eight hours without food and then still not being that hungry? What happened to me??!?!!

Well. 84 hormone-driven kids happened to me. That's all.

The contrast between that wonderful weekend and the past two days have made me realize how extremely mentally exhausting it is to be a teacher. It's HARD! And if I'm gonna' keep making it, I need to slow down a bit and rest, not because I'm doing anything wrong or because my body's exhausted, but because my mind is.

Anyway. Rant for the evening: check.

No comments:

Post a Comment