Wednesday, August 1, 2018

4th of July and Birthday Celebrations


For the Fourth of July my family drove up to spend the day with us and to celebrate Emily and Phoebe's birthdays. Having all my sisters home for the summer has been a tremendous blessing. I'm trying to soak in get togethers like this as much as I can because I realize that as my sisters go off to school, get jobs, and start families of their own, it's going to be a lot harder to get everyone together.


Phoebe didn't really get what all the hoopla was about, but we enjoyed celebrating her. I had cute decorations my good friend, Lui, gave us to use, which made for some fun. Phoebe thought it was weird we buried toys in bags and paper, but boy--tissue paper is cool! And Abby brought her a cupcake which she enjoyed munching down. Overall, a success!


Before we sent my family on their way, we set off a few fireworks. We thought they would scare Phoebe, but they didn't--she even helped Grandma Rogers set off one! After the family left Jon and I waited for a little more dark before lighting the rest of the fireworks, some of which were generously gifted to us by a good friend. It was the perfect way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment