Sunday, April 3, 2016

Young Women's

Well, I had a very short go at being my ward's Young Women's president. They called me to be the secretary in January, changed the call so that I was the president in February, and then in March the ward boundaries realigned so that I'm now in a new ward and, therefore, no longer my old ward's president. It's been a little crazy! Even though it was such a short time, though, I still thoroughly enjoyed getting to know and serve the girls in my old ward.

The main activity we held for mutual was New Beginnings. The girls chose to do a pirate's theme and thanks to my counselors, our decorations were pretty neat! We spent the evening searching for a hidden treasure. As we talked about different things, we put map pieces together up front on a board. Once the map was all put together, Bishop came up front and flipped the map around to reveal the treasure...a big picture of Jesus Christ. When he did, the Spirit filled my heart and I was grateful to be in the room, talking with a group of God's beautiful daughters, talking about the ultimate treasure He has given to us all.



I know that Jesus Christ lives. He is the treasure. He is the light in the lighthouse. We are the lower lights that help bring the other travelers safely into the harbor.

I will miss working with the girls I met in my old ward, but I look forward to seeing what serving in our new ward will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment